Wednesday, December 5, 2007

First Day of Sixth Grade

We walk through the green carpeted halls,
Then up to D4
My arms get goosebumps
As the thought of being in 6th grade
Runs through my mind
Girls who have friends in this class
Cling together like PB&J
Talking about their summer vacation
While I
Stand alone,
With no friend to talk to
Mr.Edenfeild opens the door
As I step into my brand new classroom

My arms get the chills,
While my 5th grade blood
Is still flowing through my veins
Ready to be new and improved,
Ready for a whole new year.
~Priya

12 comments:

Annapurna said...

This is an awesome poem:) i can totally relate!!

Annapurna said...

This is an awesome poem:) i can totally relate!!

Jill said...

you sent that twice you know

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed, Priya!

I particularly like the bits about clinging together like PB&J and the 5th grade blood flowing through your veins!

I had no idea u were a poet!

Jill said...

that kind of sounds like Greg, (you know, when Priya got a super sixer and Greg didn't) (you hve to admit...)

Jill said...

Annapurna, you spelled Edenfield wrong, you said 'Edenfeild'

Anonymous said...

oh...oops. I spelt Mr. Edenfields name wrong on his holiday card thing too...aw man!

Anonymous said...

but i can seriously relate to how Priya felt. i mean...just ask Radhika. On the first day of 6th grade i still thought i was a 5th grader!

Annapurna said...

Mom,are you "you don't want to know who"? If not, it must be that anonymous person.O yeah, I even went into the A-Pod once!

something or the other said...

who cares how i spelt his our ex-science teachers name jv! Mr. Stagg, is now our awesome new teacher!

Sonia said...

Hey ppl i rock!

something or the other said...

bye the way... why is everything posted "by sidharta"??