Thursday, July 10, 2008

Walk Two Moons

Salamanca Tree Hiddle, a country girl at heart, is a teenager who goes on a trip with her Gram and Gramps from Euclid, Ohio to Lewiston, Idaho to visit her resting mother. Along the way, she tells her grandparents about her experience with Phoebe Winterbottom, her missing mother, and the lunatic. In Sal’s story, Mrs. Winterbottom runs away after loosing her job, receiving a few strange letters from the lunatic, and being mistreated by her daughters Phoebe and Prudence. Sal plays a big part in Phoebe’s life, going to the police with her, tracking down the lunatic (who, Phoebe thinks, kidnapped her mother), and keeping Mrs. Winterbottom’s absence a secret. Sal realizes that Phoebe’s situation is very much like her own experience from a long time ago, and learns that you can’t judge a man until you’ve walked two moons in his moccasins. Understand life in a better way with Sal and her story.

6 comments:

Jill said...

did anyone even bother reading this post?

Dawn Uzumaki said...

Uhh...Sorry Jill, I was kind of doing other things, I'll read some of your other posts soon. You like my other comment?

~Kaori

Anonymous said...

this is an awesome book!!!

Jill said...

i'm glad u like it. i did my summer reading project on it. when i went to summer school last year, i read it, and it was good, so i did it.

Dawn Uzumaki said...

Bleh... Hi, Jill, I have to get ready for the Cooking Club Meeting by cleaning up, but my room is still a mess! I only have one more day, wish me luck! :P

Anonymous said...

a little sad...-tear-