Thursday, November 15, 2007

Fever

When I hear "historical fiction", I hear boring. Not anymore!
When I got this book, the eerie yellow eye on the cover really grabbed me, so I decided to try it. And, the book turned out to be way better than its cover...
Mattie simply does chores all day and daydreams, but suddenly, everything goes wrong. Is it really the wharfs and the stench that makes everything upside-down, like the doctors say, or is it something more?
Join Mattie as she battles the fire of the summer to protect her life and the life of her grandfathers, all the while searching for her mother. Keep yourself awake all night reading Laurie Halse Anderson's historical fiction novel FEVER 1793 as you glide into Mattie's shoes.

12 comments:

Annapurna said...

THE ONE AND ONLY AWESOME HISTORICAL FICTION BOOK!

Anonymous said...

rg- hey, hey, hey, historical fiction books are the beast! FOREVER and ALWAYS!

Anonymous said...

i meant to say best, beast is good too.

Anonymous said...

i personally dont like historical fiction-more like realistic fiction or mystery/adventure. But you make the book sound pretty good, so yeah.

Annapurna said...

rg: Uh... I know historical fiction arnt the best, but I wouldn't call them beasts... Oh man! I just realized you left a comment on that.:P

Annapurna said...

mc-otherthanfever, I agree

Jill said...

i don't like history overall. even if it sounds good. i had a bad experience...

Jill said...

...not that bad, i just had to read a book on how the days started, the B.C. and A.C., and other egyptian stuff.

Anonymous said...

it sounds like an interesting story

Annapurna said...

ok, anonymous person. You better say at least if we know you or not. cuz I know that you know that we are totally confuzzeled at this point. thanx

Annapurna said...

yo jill-- it's B.C and A.D, not BC and AC. I don't care how sweaty you get during soccer, but it's not AC.

Jill said...

Wow, Annapurna, WOW.

Lol, I'm from the future! I'm commenting on this in 2009 while it's 2007 when this has been written! Yay! Futurism rulez!